A technician with CDL-A will re-tube, clean heat exchangers, fin fan coolers, rebuild and build new louvers in shop and out in the field. Documenting job details and following all safety and DOT rules and regulations. This position is often in the field, traveling will be often and overnight. Will return most time weekly. In this position you will work in the outside elements.
• Follow route and time schedule
• Load, unload, prepare, inspect and operate delivery vehicle
• Provide a delivery ticket to customer and bring back signed
• Complete DOT logs and reports daily
• Follow DOT regulations and safety standards
• Follow all traffic laws and regulations
• Preform pre-trip and post trip inspections
Essential Duties for Shop Hand:
• Re-tube and tear down coolers
o JSA and Hot Work permits
o Remove louver, grills or piping
o Install skillets or blinds
o Tac- weld the heads on
o Cut Braces
o Pull plugs
o Cut the tubes out
o Knock the tubes with the knocker gun
o Pull rings
o Wash the heads out
In shop -Dry and paint
In field – Blow water out of the heads
• Installing tubes
o Slide the tubes into the heads
o Roll the tubes on non-gap side
o Re-install plugs
o Re- install braces
o Cut the heads loose
o Hydro test
o Remove plug to drain
o Remove blinds/ skillets
o Install louver, grills or piping
• External clean- foam fins and power wash fins.
• Internal clean- setting up of hydro blaster, inspection of hydro blaster, lancing tubes, and break down of hydro blaster.
• Cut tubes, measuring, use of chop saw.
• Build scaffolding and take down
• Travel 75% of time
• Complete DOT logs
• Working in the outdoor environment (rain, sleet, snow, heat, cold)
• Will maintain accurate T-Sheets, clocking in and out of appropriate jobs.
• Other duties and requirements as assigned.
• Must be able to work in a fast pace environment
• Must maintain CDL License and must be free from any traffic citations
• Able to measure and understand measurements
• Must be honest, knowledgeable, punctual, and detail oriented
• Must be able to pass all safety courses
• Must have a clean driver’s record
• Must pass a DOT physical
• Must maintain a good driving record
• Must be able to drive a DOT vehicle
• Must know how to drive trucks, pull trailers and back up trailers
• Must be willing to learn new things
• Must be able and willing to travel
• Must be willing to work flexible hours
• Must be able to use hand tools
• Must have and maintain all tools on the Cooler Tool list
• May need to purchase other tools not on the list, to be able to perform your job duties; the tool list is just a beginning list.
• Must be able to move from lead to teammate as specific job requires.
1. CDL A Driver’s License must be maintained without: DUI, DWI or reckless driving convictions.
All moving violations and accidents must be reported to HR with-in 1 working day (the day you receive a ticket). This position requires the capability to drive DOT.
2. All safety courses must be passed and maintained. This position requires up-to date safety courses.