• Selects equipment, plan layout, assemble, and weld.
• Layout, position, align and fit components together.
• Tack-welds part to secure in position for welding.
• Set up equipment, rolls, and welds parts using arc, gas-shielded arc, submerged arc, or gas welding equipment.
• Assembles parts by bolting and riveting.
• Repairs products by dismantling, gouging, using a cutting torch and reweld to re-assemble parts.
• Maintains assigned welding machine.
• Miscellaneous duties as requested.
• Must be able to pass 1 of the following weld test, extra included a benefit:
▪ 2” XXH (SCHEDULE DOUBLE EXTRA HEAVY)
▪ 1” PLATE TEST, MIG ROOT DOWN HILL, FLUX CORE UP HILL
▪ 7018 FILL AND CAP
▪ Lay out and Fit up test
▪ Preferred – SUBARC
▪ Preferred -6G PIPE TEST, 5P STICK ROOT,
▪ Preferred -STAINLESS STEAL TIG TEST
• Experience with layout, fit-up, and carbon steel/stainless with assembling structural forms.
• Experience with pressure vessels or heat exchangers.
• Experience with reading manufactured design drawings and weld map process.
• Experience with bolts, clamps, and tack-welds to secure in position for welding.
• Experience setting up equipment and welding parts using arc, gas-shielded arc, submerged arc, or gas welding equipment.
• Experience repairing products by dismantling, gouging, cutting with a torch, and welding to re-assembling parts.